Become a Referee
AGE—- MINIMUM AGE OF 13
REGISTRATION—- IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER
PREVIOUS GAME EXPERIENCE—- N/A
EDUCATIONAL TRAINING—- ONLINE MODULE + FIELD SESSION
SAFETY COMPLIANCE—- SAFESPORT + INTRO TO HEALTH AND SAFETY IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER
BACKGROUND CHECK—- IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER
LAWS OF THE GAME—- IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER
QUIZ—- IN U.S. SOCCER LEARNING CENTER
PRACTICAL EVALUATION—- N/A
BACKGROUND CHECK (18+)—- SUBMIT ALL FORMS
SAFESPORT (18+)—- 1 HOUR
INTRO TO HEALTH AND SAFETY—- 30 MIN
ONLINE GRASSROOTS MODULE—- 4-5 HOURS
LAWS OF THE GAME—- 30 MIN
QUIZ—- 1 HOURS
- Hover over “Courses” on the top navigation bar, when the red box appears click ‘available courses’
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, select Grassroots – First-Time Referees
- Click “Go to Course List“
- Choose Connecticut State Referee Program First Time Referee Course #7269
- After completing the online work, come back to ctreferee.net to register for a field session.
All Entry Level Courses that end prior to June 25th will be registered for the current year. Students that successfully complete these courses will receive a Referee badge for the current year and can begin refereeing immediately. Referees are required to renew their license annually for the upcoming season.
Referees that complete their Entry Level Referee Course on or after July 1 will be registered for the next year and receive a Referee badge. These new referees will be able to referee the remaining season in addition to also being able to referee the next year before needing to renew their annual license.